21/08/2010

Tilda riding her bike


I think I am finally getting it, whatever IT is! I'm really pleased how this card came out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did have a struggle though, it wasn't easy at all. I had run out of double sided tape, and picked up a different brand. The one I usually use, allows me to reposition (with care) if done within a few seconds - the one I purchased I could stick myself to the ceiling with it, upside down if I wanted. There is absolutely no room for error. That's where you put it - that's where it's staying!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyhow, enough of my waffle...The background image is one I purchased off ebay. The Tilda image is from Karen (Flourgirl), she stamped me some images (thanks again). I couldn't wait for the background to come, so I could use her. The DP is from MME spring collection (free with magazine). My trimmer can't cut straight (I so need a new one!) so I ended up ruining the last of the aqua cardstock meant to back the garden image on, so I cut another white piece and coloured the border in Promarkers - you would never tell it isn't right. I will remember that one for future use when I haven't got the correct cardstock. I told you I struggled! LOL. Then I edged the white mulberry roses to co-ordinate, and edged the Craftwork Cards sentiment too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow - that was a long post. Sorry to bore you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge: Wild Orchid challenge - One for the girls.


11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Julie, worth all the effort! The background is super, I never think to make a "scene"! I often colour in the edge of white card for a mat when I don't have the right colour, I love the perfect match it gives to something you've coloured in your image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, what lovely colours you have used the roses look so preety
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card love the scene you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card, the image is fab and I love the background you have put her against

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - the colours are so bright and summery and the image is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great easel card! That scene looks great with the Tilda on the bike!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, love the image

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, I love the layout and the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, love how it looks as if she's stepping out the picture. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete